Passengers are not allowed to take items on board the aircraft that pose a risk to the health of other passengers, the crew and the safety of the aircraft and cargo.
- Explosives, ammunition or pyrotechnic material (such as pyrotechnic devices, flares, torches, toy guns and percussion caps).
- Flammable, non-flammable, toxic, non-toxic or poisonous gases (such as butane or propane gas canisters). Oxygen or gaseous air cylinders required for medical use may only be carried when empty and the cylinder must not exceed a gross weight of 5 kilogrammes, nor surpass the measurements for hand luggage and must be equipped with fastening straps. If a Passenger requires a supply of oxygen during the flight, they must request this service from the Carrier in advance by calling Customer Services.
- Flammable liquids (such as lighter fuel, blue-flame cigar lighters, petrol, paint, solvent or alcoholic drinks above 70% proof or liquid oxygen-based systems).
- Flammable solids, (such as matches), substances prone to spontaneous combustion, substances that release flammable gas upon contact with water.
- Oxidising substances and organic peroxides (such as bleach).
- Toxic or infectious substances.
- Radioactive material.
- Corrosive substances (such as mercury in thermometers, acids, alkalis or wet cell batteries).
- Miscellaneous dangerous goods (such as magnetic material, low-energy bulbs, items containing internal combustion engine).
As hold or checked-in baggage:
- Firearms and ammunition other than those intended for hunting or sport. Sport and hunting firearms may be carried as checked baggage providing they are unloaded, suitably packed and have the safety catch on. Passengers must state their intention to carry firearms at the time of booking and provide the corresponding permit. The passenger shall be responsible for informing him or herself regarding the restrictions applicable in each country. As well as the weapon, the passenger may carry up to 5 kg of ammunition, which must be suitably packed, separately from the weapon. The weapon and ammunition cannot be carried in the same container. The carrying of ammunition is subject to international regulations on the carriage of dangerous items.
- Bladed weapons of any type and size.
- Explosives and incendiary substances and devices such as ammunition, blasting caps, detonators and fuses, mines, grenades and other explosive military stores, fireworks and other pyrotechnics, smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges, dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives.
As hand baggage:
- Guns, firearms and other devices that discharge projectiles (including all kinds of firearms such as pistols, rifles or shotguns, toy guns, imitation firearms, component parts of firearms, telescopic sights, compressed air and CO2 guns, signal flare pistols and starter pistols, bows, crossbows and arrows, harpoon guns and spear guns, slingshots and catapults).
- Devices designed specifically to stun or immobilise (including stun guns, tasers and stun batons, animal stunners and animal killers, disabling and incapacitating chemicals, gases and sprays, such as tear gas, acid sprays and animal repellent sprays).
- Objects with a sharp point or sharp edge (including axes, hatchets and cleavers, ice axes and ice picks, knives with blades of more than 6 cm, razor blades, scalpels, ski and trekking poles, scissors with blades of more than 6 cm, martial arts equipment with a sharp point or sharp edge, swords and sabres).
- Blunt instruments (such as baseball and softball bats, clubs and batons, and martial arts equipment).
- Explosives and incendiary substances and devices (such as ammunition, blasting caps, detonators and fuses, replica or imitation explosive devices, mines, grenades and other explosive military stores, fireworks and other pyrotechnics, smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges, dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives).
- Workmen’s tools capable of being used either to cause serious injury or to threaten the safety of aircraft (including crowbars, drills and drill bits, tools with a blade or a shaft of more than 6 cm, such as screwdrivers and chisels, saws, blowtorches, bolt guns and nail guns).
Please bear in mind that the list of items considered to be Dangerous Goods and Forbidden items to be carried as hold or hand baggage may change at any time due to changes to applicable legislation.
For more information, visit: www.aena-aeropuertos.es