Save time and avoid queues at the airport by checking in online
- You can print out your boarding card or get it directly on your mobile phone and, what's more, it's free!
- If you're flying with the Optima or Excellence Fares or you've selected a seat with the Basic Fare, you can check in online from the moment you buy your ticket and up to 4 hours before departure (unless flying from Lisbon, Cardiff, Lyon, Prague, Oporto, Frankfurt or London Heathrow, in which case you can check in online up to 24 hours before departure).
- If you didn't choose a seat during purchase, you can check in online for free between 3 days and 4 hours before flight departure and you'll be allocated a seat at random (if you're flying from Lisbon, Cardiff, Lyon, Prague, Oporto, Frankfurt or London Heathrow, you can only check in online up to 24 hours before departure).
Click&Fly included with:
If you choose either of these fares, upon confirmation of your purchase you'll receive an email containing your boarding passes (This service is only available if the airports in your booking allow online check-in).
Online check-in is a free service provided by Vueling for its passengers and allows you to get your boarding pass before departure and thus save time at the airport.
You can get your boarding pass in different formats:
- Printed: Your boarding pass will be in PDF format and you'll need to print it out and present it at the airport on the day of departure.
- On your mobile: You'll receive an SMS with your boarding pass to present at the airport on the day of departure.
- On the App for iPhone and Android: You can download your boarding pass onto the App to present at the airport on the day of departure.
Most airports allow you to travel if you've checked in online, but there are certain airport which do not provide this service. Check to see if your airport allows it travel with online check-in.
Also, some passengers with special seat-related needs may not be able to do printed or mobile phone check-in. They must go to the check-in desk on the day of their flight:
- Passengers travelling with a baby.
- Minors travelling with the Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- Passengers travelling with a pet.
- Passengers with special needs: reduced mobility, blind or mentally disabled.
If you have any questions about how online check-in works, in FAQs you'll find answers to the most frequent questions asked by passengers.
Get your printed boarding pass or on your mobile phone
The best things about checking in online:
- Avoid last-minute queuing at the airport.
- It's a free service.
- If you do mobile phone check-in, you'll save paper and have on you everything required to fly.